Sunday, November 8, 2009

Find Your Motivation

My alarm wakes me at 5:30AM almost every morning beckoning me to my morning cardio. Sometimes I can’t wait to get out of bed and get going. However, there are plenty of mornings when I feel tired, unmotivated and completely uninterested in training.

Yes, occasionally, I just put off training, but nine out of ten times I reach deep and get my butt moving. Why? My desire to reach my goals is way more powerful than my emotions telling me to “stay in bed.”

However, if I did not have a goal, would I be as motivated? From experience, “NO!” I have learned that I need a goal driving my fit lifestyle; otherwise, I lose focus.

Sometimes my goals are related to physical achievement (i.e., preparing for competition/photo shoot, to feel confident in a swimsuit, etc.). However, there are times when I focus on being extremely strict with my training to help me maintain composure, a balanced mood and a sharp mind during a hectic workweek.

So…if you have a floundering level of commitment to a fit lifestyle, I urge you to take the time to set goals that will motivate you through those “don’t feel like it” days.

Don’t be lame and set the goal, “to get in shape.” You will need to dig deeper than that to find something powerful enough to overcome the creative excuses you dream up not to train.

Why do you want to get in shape? To feel more confident? To buy a pair of skinny jeans? To make your ex jealous? Put some thought into it. When you find a goal that gets your blood flowing, you are in business. Good luck! ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment